Best ways to deposit and withdraw money from an online casino
Recent years have seen the rise of online casinos, which offer games such as slots, roulette, and blackjack to players. Playing at an online casino requires deposits, and winnings must be withdrawn eventually.
When you first sign up at an online casino, you’ll need to deposit so you have money available to wager on games. Most casinos offer a variety of deposit options including:
- Credit/Debit Cards – Using a credit or debit card, like Visa or Mastercard, is one of the most popular ways to deposit at online casinos. These deposits are instant, secure, and convenient. Just enter your card details and the deposit amount and the funds will be available immediately.
- E-Wallets – E-wallets like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are commonly accepted at online casinos too. You’ll link your e-wallet account to your casino account, transfer funds in, and then deposits are instant.
- Bank Transfer – You use a wire transfer from your bank account to deposit funds into your online casino account. Deposits via bank transfer are secure but take 3-5 days to process. Make sure to use your unique casino account details when making the transfer.
- Prepaid Cards – Prepaid debit cards that are reloadable like Paysafecard offer another way to deposit. You purchase a voucher with a code which you then enter at the casino cashier to redeem the funds. It’s an anonymous option but prepaid card deposits have fees.
Each deposit method will have its instructions at the casino bonuses. The minimum and maximum deposit limits vary too. Credit cards often have higher deposit maximums than other options.
When you get lucky and win money playing casino games, you’ll want to withdraw those winnings to spend and enjoy your profits! Online casinos offer similar withdrawal methods to deposits, including:
- E-Wallets – A fast and popular withdrawal option, your money will show up in your e-wallet account within 1-3 days generally.
- Bank Transfer – Withdrawals are sent directly to your bank account via wire transfer. Withdrawals typically take 3-5 days to process using this method.
- Cheque – Online casinos also mail you a cheque for your winnings although this is a slower option taking 1-2 weeks. Cheques are more commonly used for large payouts.
- Prepaid Card – If you deposited using a prepaid card, winnings are loaded back onto it. This enables anonymous withdrawals.
There will usually be some verification steps when making your first withdrawal at an online casino, including submitting ID docs. Casinos have Know Your Customer procedures to follow anti-money laundering laws. Once verified though, future withdrawals are quicker.
Most online casinos have monthly withdrawal limits in place and minimum withdrawal amounts. For large wins over a certain threshold, casinos break up withdrawals over several days. Reputable casinos process payments promptly, but be sure to understand the casino’s withdrawal policies.